It was one of our #TravelDreams and now it's coming true! Namibia, Africa, the magic of wild nature, the human origins recall, the wonder of southern skies ... we are leaving soon: on the 3 June!
If you want to follow our Namibian experience you can do it on our social accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), but now we want to share our itinerary!
3 weeks and more than 5,000 kilometers! Yes, we're going to drive a lot all around Namibia!
We start from Windhoek, the capital city, and then, going south, we stop in the Kalahari Desert, before getting to the Fish River Canyon, where we are going to sleep on the edge of Grand Canyon little brother.
On the way to the Namib Desert, we stop at Aus, the perfect base for a trip to Luderitz, the ghost town of Kolmanskop and Diaz Point. Then, finally, we arrive in the Namib Desert, the oldest one in the world, and we spend a night near the beautiful red dunes of Sossusvlei.
After a stop in Solitaire for a delicious apple pie, our next stop is Swakopmund, the colonial German town where the ocean meets the desert.
We leave the coastline headed to Damaraland and then to Etosha National Park where we take our first ever safari before going back to Windhoek.
Here it is the complete itinerary:
- Day 1 : Windhoek - Kalahari Desert
- Day 2 : Kalahari Desert - Fish River Canyon
- Day 3 : Fish River Canyon
- Day 4 : Fish River Canyon - Aus
- Day 5 : Aus
- Day 6 : Aus - Namib Desert
- Day 7 : Namib Desert - Solitaire
- Day 8 : Solitaire - Swakopmund
- Day 9 : Swakopmund
- Day 10 : Swakopmund - Erongo Mountains
- Day 11 : Erongo Mountains - Grootberg Plateau
- Day 12 : Grootberg Plateau
- Day 13 : Grootberg Plateau - Etosha NP
- Day 14 : Etosha NP
- Day 15 : Etosha NP
- Day 16 : Etosha NP
- Day 17 : Etosha NP - Okonjima
- Day 18 : Okonjima - Windhoek